Working out depletes glycogen stores and some proteins in your muscles breakdown. The right nutrition after a workout can help restore muscle protein breakdown, increase muscle protein synthesis, restore glycogen stores and increase recovery. This is a list of foods to eat after working out by Authority Nutrition.
- Sweet potatoes
- Chocolate milk
- Fruits such as pineapple, berries, banana and kiwi
- Rice cakes
- Dark, leafy green vegetables
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Protein bar
- Trail mix such as dried fruits and nuts
After Workout Meals
- Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.
- Egg omelet with avocado on toast.
- Salmon with sweet potato.
- Tuna and crackers.
- Oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- Rice crackers and peanut butter.
- Whole grain toast and almond butter.
- Cereal and skim milk.
- Greek yogurt, berries and granola.
- Protein shake and banana.
- Quinoa bowl with berries and pecans.
Again, this is not my list but Authority Nutritions list.